Village Capital and MetLife Foundation are launching an investment readiness program for Middle East and North Africa (MENA) and Turkey-based startups that are using tech to help low-income individuals and families manage their day-to-day finances, build short- and long-term savings and wealth. The accelerator is a collaboration between Village Capital, MetLife Foundation, and PayPal. We’re encouraging applications from entrepreneurs building high-growth, scalable solutions focused on the following regional challenges:
- Gender inequality
- Youth Unemployment
- Access to finance for MSMEs
- Digital Identity
- Top two (2) peer selected startups will receive a MetLife Foundation Social Entrepreneurship Grant of $70,000 (USD)
- Ability to network and receive mentorship from potential strategic partners, customers, and founders
- Ability to network and receive mentorship from MENA and Turkey-based investors.
- For-profit market-based solution that tackles a financial health challenge for low-to-moderate income communities in MENA or Turkey
- Operations in or have the ability to expand business to the MENA or Turkish market
- Have a minimum viable product (MVP), and raised less than $1M in equity
- Have at least one full-time founder based in the MENA or Turkey
- Have meaningful customer or business validation (not limited to revenue, can also be successful pilot studies, number of users, and/or strategic partnerships).
DEADLINE: May 28 2020
To apply and for more information visit here