The UN SDG Action Campaign is launching the third edition of the UN SDG Action Awards to identify and celebrate outstanding initiatives from around the world that are accelerating action towards the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals, whilst inspiring the growing global community by showing that transformative change for people and the planet is possible.
The 2020 edition is seeking creative, scalable and transformative initiatives worldwide that:
Mobilize large numbers of individuals and organizations to take action for the achievement of the Goals; whilst building coalitions across communities and societies;
Inspire people to shift behaviors and policies for the achievement of the Goals; whilst promoting the values of hope and solidarity;
Connect partners to increase progress on the Goals, whilst strengthening dialogue and trust between people and institutions at all levels.
- The winning initiatives will be honored at the UN SDG Action Awards Ceremony and widely amplified throughout the year to inspire the growing global SDG Action community to accelerate change for people and the planet.
- All sectors are encouraged to apply and nominate initiatives to the UN SDG Action Awards. However, please note that national governments, UN entities and UN SDG Action Campaign official partners are not eligible for an SDG Action Award but their efforts will be highlighted through honorable mentions – an esteemed recognition to be featured as part of this programme, at the Awards Ceremony and through associated promotion and communications.
- Eligible initiatives will have been launched between 2015 and now, including those implemented in response to COVID-19. All applications will need to demonstrate tangible impact of the initiative regardless of the longevity of the activation – thus ideas or projects that have not moved beyond the conceptual stage will not be considered.
- Applicants can submit multiple initiatives under different categories. Please do not re-submit the same initiative to multiple categories. If you are unsure which category is the best fit for your initiative, you can include it in the overview description. The application will be assessed under the category deemed more aligned by the reviewers.
- Those who have applied in the past to the UN SDG Action Awards are welcome to re-apply if (i) the previously submitted initiative has produced greater impact, or if (ii) if a new initiative has been designed and rolled out.
DEADLINE: July 19 2020
To apply and for more information visit here