Recognizing the potential of immersive storytelling and design, Digital Promise, the United Nations SDG Action Campaign, and Oculus invite emerging creators worldwide to create media as a way to share their perspectives and advance positive action toward the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Participants are welcome to use whatever tools are available in their location to create immersive media, from mixed media combining pen and paper with audio recording on a cell phone, to new and emerging formats like augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), and 3D design.
Since 2018, MY World 360º has exhibited at in-person events like the United Nations General Assembly in New York City, COP24 and COP25, the UN SDG Global Festival of Action, the DW Global Media Forum and other global events.
In light of the current pandemic, beginners, emerging and recognized creators can submit their work for consideration to be part of the MY World 360° selection and will be showcased as part of United Nations digital activations.
We recognize that many people are restricted to move freely in their communities in the common effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19. We encourage you to be creative within the context of your situation. Here are some guiding questions that might be helpful as you get started.
- How are you or people in your community making a difference in the face of COVID-19?
- How do these issues get us closer to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals?
- What’s your vision for a world where the Goals are achieved?
- Selected stories will be shared as part of the MY World 360º Selection, and showcased as part of United Nations events and activations.
- Connect with other MY World 360º creators from around the world, develop your skills and access mentoring and sharing opportunities.
- Individuals or teams are welcome to create or co-create and share projects.
- Educators and adults working with students under age 18 are welcome to share their students’ media.
- Creators ages 18 and above are welcome to post their original work directly.
- Projects can be in any language.
DEADLINE: August 31 2020
To apply and for more information visit here