The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), operator of the SPDC Joint Venture, is delighted to announce the Tenth annual NNPC/SPDC_JV Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship for applicants from Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers states. The objective of the scholarship programme is to provide postgraduate study opportunity in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry, for qualifying students from these Niger Delta states.
In the nine years of this programme, 92 students have won the opportunity to study at top-rated universities in the UK on full scholarship
For the academic year commencing September 2020, SPDC in partnership with three universities in the UK–Imperial College London; University of Leeds; and University of Aberdeen will award scholarships for one-year post-graduate M.Sc. studies.
The following courses qualify for award of scholarships at the three institutions:
Imperial college london
- MSc Petroleum Engineering
- MSc Petroleum Geoscience
- MSc Applied Computational Science and Engineering
University of abeerdeen
- MSc Geophysics
- MSc Safety & Reliability Engineering for Oil & Gas
- MSc Advanced Chemical Engineering
- MSc Integrated Petroleum Geoscience
University of leeds
- MSc Exploration Geophysics
- MSc Electronic/Electrical Engineering
- The scholarship will cover tuition, one economy return-flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses only.
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must;
- display intellectual ability and leadership potential;
- have an adequate standard of English (at least 6.5 in IELTS) and meet the College’s language requirement;
- have been offered admission to study on one of the Eligible Courses at the College having applied through the normal application process;
- already hold (or expect to hold by the time of taking up the Scholarship) a degree of an equivalent standard to a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree
- must have completed their National Youth Service by September 2020
- be ordinarily indigenes in the Rivers, Imo, Delta or Bayelsa State of Nigeria, and who intend to return to Nigeria at the end of the period of study
- have not already had the chance of studying in the UK or other developed country.
- be aged between 21-28 years by 30/09/2020.
- currently reside in Nigeria
- plan to return to Nigeria on completion of the proposed programme of study.
- have a Nigerian international passport valid till December 2020
- Employees, employees’ relatives (or former employees who have left employment less than 5 years before) of SPDC, Royal Dutch SHELL Group of Companies or the College will not be eligible to apply for the Scholarships.
DEADLINE: April 15 2020
To apply and for more information visit here