The University Council has established several Rhodes University Postdoctoral Research Fellowships across all faculties which may be awarded for one year with the possibility of renewal.
- Each Fellowship is a package of R180 000 per annum with an additional allocation of a maximum of R20 000 to be used to support the presentation of papers at formal conferences. The Fellowship cannot be held concurrently with any supplementary funding.
Conditions for Award
- The University expects that all publications, creative works and other academic products of the Fellowship will bear appropriate acknowledgement with full affiliation to Rhodes University. The University reserves the right to co-ownership of inventions and/or patents directly emanating from research conducted under the sponsorship of the Fellowship.
- The University reserves the right to request the refund of any fellowship paid to the Fellow should the Fellow terminate his/her contract prior to its completion.
- PhD in synthetic chemistry obtained within the last five years.
- Good knowledge of liquid-state NMR spectroscopy (theory and experimental). Knowledge of solid-state NMR (theory and experimental) is a plus.
- Strong publication record
- Willingness to participate in team science and work closely with interdisciplinary scientists
DEADLINE: July 31, 2020.
To apply and for more information visit here