The One World Media Awards this year come at an unusual time, as we face the Covid-19 pandemic.
In response to the exceptional work of journalists and filmmakers covering the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic in developing countries, One World Media is launching the Coronavirus Reporting Award 2020, supported by EBRD.
One World Media wants to champion stories that show us what is happening beyond our borders and spotlight international perspectives on the pandemic.
One World Media is looking for stories that show us the potential solutions, the urgent needs and the surprising implications of COVID-19 around the world.
The Award will be for a piece of media in any format, including print, film, audio, or digital media.
- A unique opportunity to be recognised by some of the industry’s top professionals and to gain a wider audience for your work
- The only Awards recognising excellence in international journalism and filmmaking specifically from and about developing countries
- They are established, with 31 years of providing a platform for important stories to be shared and celebrated.
- All entries should focus on stories, topics or issues in, about or related to the developing world, including Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Latin America, the Middle East, Russia or the Post-Soviet States. Jurors will be looking for media that covers underreported stories or new angles and approaches to more familiar stories.
- Entries must have had their first screening, broadcast, theatrical release, launch or publication between 1 December 2019 and 30 July 2020.
- The Coronavirus Reporting Award is open to entrants anywhere in the world, as long as the work meets one of the following criteria:
- the entry has been broadcast, screened or published (in print or in an established online publication/website) in the UK; OR
- the entry has been broadcast or published (in an established print/online publication/website) internationally and is available for an English-speaking audience; OR
- the entry has been screened at an international film festival.
DEADLINE: July 30 2020
To apply and for more information visit here🔥17 views