Are you a young musician, composer, singer-songwriter, instrumentalist between 20 and 30 years old from a transition or developing country?Pop-Kultur Festival in cooperation with the Goethe-Institut offers activities to experience the Music City Berlin in the run-up to the Festival: Studio visits, jam-sessions, short traineeships in selected companies of the Berlin creative industries, listening sessions and meetings with scholarship holders of Musicboard Berlin GmbH, as well as many other activities, such as visiting concerts will be taking place during the week before Pop-Kultur. Networking will be a big part of the experience..
- The participation fee, accommodation, travel expenses, hospitality (per diem of 10 €) will be covered by the Goethe-Institut for the period of August 18th to August 30th, 2020. The Goethe-Institut will also book and pay for flights and will help with visa issues. Additionally, the Musicboard will give the talents a Festival Ticket free of charge plus access to Pop-Kultur’s networking area for professionals, organize accommodation (breakfast included), cover health insurance and public transportation in Berlin.
- Every participant should prepare a short input talk (approx. 10 min.) in advance about his/her experience in the music field thus far and about the music scene in his/her respective country.
- Advanced English skills are crucial as there is no translation available. You will be tested in advance by the local Goethe-Institut.
- You need work experience in the field of music. We need proof of at least 3 projects and a link to a video of a live performance of yours.
- All applications are for one person. No accompanying persons can be sponsored or included in the programme.
DEADLINE: March 18 2020
To apply and for more information visit here