The Africa Center of Excellence for Water Management (ACEWM) is an initiative of the Government of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia and the World Bank Group and through the Eastern and Southern Africa (ESA) Regional Center hosted by the Addis Ababa University (AAU). Since 2016, ACEWM has been offering an interdisciplinary MSc and PhD programs in the field of water management, with the primary purpose of training the next generation of water educators, researchers, managers, and professionals and engaging in community outreach activities. Currently, ACEWM has several PhD and MSc students from all over Africa and some other countries.
ACEWM has established partnerships with different universities nationally, regionally and internationally to collaborate in capacity building, faculty and student exchanges, research and internships. ACEWM engages high caliber and renowned professionals in the field of water management from different disciplines.
- ACEWM will have a modest funding to support research projects of all applicants.
- In addition to research support, ACEWM will provide full scholarship for very limited number (3 PhD and 5 MSc) of highly competent applicants from African Countries other than Ethiopia. A monthly stipend of 600 USD (Equivalent amount paid in ETB) for MSc. and 800 USD (Equivalent amount paid in ETB) for PhD applicants. The stipend includes accommodation.
- Ph.D. applicants must have a Master’s Degree earned from a college or university of recognized standing with a grade point average of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale or equivalent in ECTS. However, applicants with grade point averages between 3.0 and 3.5 will be given consideration based on their experience and achievement.
- Applicants to the Ph.D. program should provide evidence of capacity for research. This includes a master’s thesis published paper in reputable journal or other appropriate evidence of capacity to conduct high quality research.
- All applicants’ undergraduate Cumulative GPA must not be less than 2.75 for males and not less than 2.50 for females on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants who have completed their degree/diploma from foreign universities (other than Ethiopia) are required to obtain their degree/diploma equivalent from the Ethiopian Higher Education Relevance and Quality Agency (HERQA) before admission. (Academic documents authentication by relevant office is mandatory during admission).
- Applicants must have sufficient knowledge of English language and provide proof of proficiency.
- The age limit at the time of application for M.Sc. applicants is 30 years or less and for Ph.D. 40 years or less.
DEADLINE: June 15 2020
To apply and for more information visit here