The ECOWAS Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (ECREEE) and Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS), offers the ECOWAS Research Grant Programme in 2020.
They are inviting research teams to submit proposals for policy research in any of the energy fields (e.g. energy technologies, energy finance, energy economics, energy policy, energy and the environment/climate change, energy and development, energy law etc.)
The Research Grant Program is part of the ECOWAS initiative on Youth Leadership Development in Energy, which works to prepare the region’s young men and women to become globally competitive energy leaders in the future. Aligned with the initiative’s objective, the Research Grant Program aims to build and strengthen the capacity of young West Africans to contribute and participate actively in the energy discourse at the national and regional levels and, thus, ensure that the youth has a say in the way energy development is shaped in West Africa. This aligns with the mission of the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung to improve the political and social framework for climate-friendly sustainable development, as well as stronger regional and international cooperation on energy security and climate adaptation/mitigation plans in the countries of Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Teams will receive a grant amount of not more than €1500 to contribute to the formulation of evidence-based energy policies or strategies in the region.
- If the paper is accepted for publication, Research Advisors will be paid a sum of €500, separate from the research budget.
- The research papers will be published electronically on the ECOWAS Sustainable Energy Journal and made available on the ECREEE e-library.
- Furthermore, researchers will be given the opportunity to share their findings and recommendations at conferences and workshops organized by ECREEE.
Successful proposals will be selected based on:
- Scientific quality of the proposed research
- Policy relevance
- Competency level of the research team
DEADLINE: June 25, 2020
To apply and for more information visit here🔥5 views